DracoGrotto

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garry's Mod/Minecraft

3 posters

Rav3n's Application

Rav3n
    Rav3n

Rav3n's Application Empty Rav3n's Application

Post by Rav3n Fri May 29, 2015 5:38 am

Alright, I've been thinking about this for a fair while now, but I feel that its now time to bite the bullet and go from there.  Please note that I’m posting this application prospectively.  In other words, if this application is successful but there aren’t any places currently available, I’m willing to wait until such time that one is free.  Of course if its not successful, then there's no hard feelings and I'll still be around the community.

General Questions

Steam Username:  Rav3n (real name available on request to staff only)

SteamID/Profile:  STEAM_0:1:43072642 / http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rav3nKGM/

Total hours on Garry's Mod:  Currently 97 hours.

Total hours on server:  Currently 81 hours.

How long are you available in game per-day (over all the servers):  Several hours on most days except alternate Thursday mornings (BST).

Moderation Questions

What special abilities can you provide?:  I’m not entirely sure what constitutes as a “special ability”.  However, I have been in various staff-side roles for several gaming communities since I turned 18 (over 6 years ago), so I would argue that one ability that I can provide is experience with both large and small communities.

Why do you think you should be staff?:  One thing I’ve always wanted to do is help people, first and foremost.  I’ve always been able to help to some extent, but I’ve only been able to do so much.  I wish to become staff as I want to continue to help those who want/need help while at the same time helping to keep the community an inviting place to join and remain.

How would this promotion help you enforce server rules?:  Honestly, any rights I would be granted would be obtained in the hope that I would not need to use them (a case of having it and not needing it rather than needing it and not having it).  However, the internet rarely works like that, and friendly hints just don’t work with some people.  In these cases, depending on the severity of the offences committed, I would try to get a peaceful resolution where possible, and only resort to using any granted powers as an absolute last resort.

Why are you applying for this position?: Well there are various reasons, but if I had to pick just one, I would have to say that it’s because I feel that I have a such a connection with this community that words wouldn’t do it justice.  You may not realise it, but Draco has done more for me than simply kill a couple of hours (and traitors ^^).  As strange as it may seem, the community has actually improved my quality of life significantly.  Draco has given me so much in a short space of time, and now I feel that it’s time to give something back to the community.  This is why I’m applying for the position.

Do you understand the rules as they are written?:  As of the writing of this application, yes.  However, in the event of any rule changes in the future that I do not understand, I would be willing to ask for clarification as soon as is feasible.

Do you understand that if you abuse your abilities you will be stripped of your power?:  When you’ve been staff for various online games since you were 18, you realise this very quickly!  Short answer: yes.

Tell us more about you:  I’m a UK based former tech support/games technology student and currently the Community Manager for a Steam-based online games company.  Outside of anything PC/gaming related, I’m just your typical pool/snooker-playing Scotsman with a “cute voice” (but despite what Spyra and the media will tell you, we’re not all evil ^^).  Some people reading this may also recognise me as your first ever donator, sending enough to keep the server running for a full 10 weeks.

Of course, if any teamler has any other questions they want me to answer, I'm sure you know what to do. Wink  I'll aim to answer any and all questions within 24 hours of receipt.

Regards,
    Rav3n
    (P.S.  Inverted still scares me! xD)
    turbozack
    turbozack

Rav3n's Application Empty Re: Rav3n's Application

Post by turbozack Fri May 29, 2015 7:53 pm

+1 Vouch. Rav3n has had tons of experience in positions of staff in multiple different communities. He's also an extremely trustworthy friend, and I'm proud to call him so. I think he'll do the server well.
    Gravity
    Gravity

Post by Gravity Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:14 pm

+1, I say the +1 because he is a really nice player once you get to know him, and he obeys all of the rules for the server.

(P.S. goodluck bb <3)
    Rav3n
    Rav3n

Post by Rav3n Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Guys, I thoroughly appreciate the votes of confidence, but I highly doubt it will get us anywhere. This isn't a popularity contest, and I won't be accepted purely because some people like me.

I'd rather let my actions speak for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm